Within our International Trade & Customs division, we work with Grant Thornton International’s worldwide network in order to offer integral and timely services required to support our clients’ international businesses within and outside Mexico.
International Trade services
• Ongoing training and counsel on import duties and customs valuation
• Outsourcing services related to the correct control and management of international trade operations
• Adjustments for customs purposes due to transfer pricing
• Internal audits (customs compliance reviews)
• Support to attend customs authorities
• Origin certification, among others
Consulting, Internal Audits, and Diagnosis
In order to detect irregularities, prevent risks due to compliance failures, optimize your operations, and leverage tax benefits, we offer to our customers consulting, internal audits, and diagnosis services.
Exports Foster Programs
We work in the design and implementation of strategies related to the following programs:
- Sectorial Promotion Program (PROSEC by its acronym in Spanish)
- New Scheme of Certified Company (NEEC by its acronym in Spanish)
- Eight rule mechanism, among others
Due to recent amendments to the Tax and Customs Legislation, we can assist our clients in the VAT and IEPS certification process.
Advice on non-tariff restrictions
We offer advice regarding the filling and filing of non-tariff restrictions and regulations procedures, such as prior permits, export or import quota, country of origin labeling in imports, etc.
Legal representation before customs authorities
We can act on behalf of our clients and/or assist them before any custom authorities to obtain authorizations, rulings, importers registry, security matrix to request the data stage of the international trade operations, among others.
Specialized counsel on free trade agreements
Our specialists in this area offer a wide range of services related to rules and certificates of origin, duty rates, phase out, custom regulations, tariff classification, etc.
We can also offer our clients the following services:
- Ongoing training and counsel on import duties and customs valuation
- Outsourcing services related to the correct control and management of international trade operations
- Coordination with the Companies’ custom broker
- Compliance with non-tariff restrictions and regulations