We are committed to providing a service with the highest standards of excellence, integrity and experience.
As a sophisticated buyer of professional services, responsible for adhering to your own high standards of internal governance coupled with ever increasing stakeholder expectations, you should expect similar exacting standards from your independent auditors.
Our people are committed to delivering the highest standards of excellence, based on integrity, deep technical skills and commercial experience. Our approach means that we provide:
- risk-based global audit methodology: Grant Thornton is one of the first international networks to adopt a truly global audit methodology, we have access to a network of more than 500 international offices. This enables us to gain effective audit evidence using a combination of systems/controls work, substantive audit testing and computer-assisted audit techniques
- robust independence: we are keenly aware of the need to establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure the independence of our engagement teams, we have invested in automated systems that ensure our firm complies with international ethical standards
- partner-led service: with more hands-on input and accessibility at senior level — your engagement partner will draw upon the firm's depth of specialist resource and will ensure you receive a prompt, decisive and consistent service
- technical knowledge, commercial application: we have specialist sector groups at your disposal, each with dedicated audit and financial reporting specialists. Sector-specific audit work programmes allow us to streamline our approach to enhance audit efficiency and relevance to you. And you'll also have direct access to on-site support from financial reporting, narrative reporting and technical accounting/taxation specialists
- thought leadership: we aim to lead the debate on emerging accounting issues. Grant Thornton is represented on key bodies often speaking out on behalf of their clients
- market credibility: we have the highest number of listed audit clients outside of the Big 4 and are the leading adviser on the audit market, so we are ideally placed to offer the market the greater choice it demands.
Our audit services
- Statutory audit
- Financial reporting advisory services
- Narrative reporting
- Independent review of externally reported financial and non-financial information
- Companies Act reporting
- Financial accounting